Personal Information Protection Policy
［Personal Information Protection Policy］
- We will comply with the prescribed rules for the appropriate collection, use, and provision of personal information, and handle it securely under strict control.
- We understand the risks surrounding personal information and strive to prevent and correct unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc. of personal information.
- We will comply with laws, regulations, and other rules related to the handling of personal information.
- We will review our compliance program for the protection of personal information from time to time and continuously improve it.
SB Creative Corporation
4-5, Roppongi 2-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Kosei Tsuchihashi, President and Representative Director
Handling of Personal Information
SB Creative Corporation (hereinafter: "The Company") may collect personal information through postcard or web surveys, sweepstakes, product sales, membership service registration, and event/seminar registration. When acquiring personal information, The Company will notify or publicly announce the purpose of use and use the information appropriately within the scope of the said purposes of use. Personal information collected will be strictly managed under the supervision of a personal information protection manager to prevent unauthorized external access, etc. and to prevent data leakage.
We may also collect cookies, IP addresses, device information, web browsing history, and other personally referable information. In cases where we link the acquired personally referable information with personal information that we already have, we will treat such personally referable information as personal information as well.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- To provide and operate products and services:
- Delivery of products, such as books and other products, and provision of other services of The Company.
- Identification, registration and authentication of seminar registrants and member service registrants.
- Raffling, communication, and delivery of prizes and rewards for sweepstakes and campaigns.
- Response to inquiries.
- To maintain, improve and develop new products and services:
- Maintenance and trouble-shooting for products and services.
- Improvement and new development of products and services based on the results of surveys and analysis of usage conditions, etc.
- To prevent fraud related to products and services:
- To provide information and distribute advertisements regarding products and services:
- Provision of information on seminars of The Company or third parties through e-mail newsletters, etc.
- To provide information and distribute advertisements regarding The Company's or third parties' products and services.
- To provide information on campaigns conducted by The Company.
- To provide to third parties.
- For research, analysis, and marketing necessary for each of the above purposes:
- Conducting questionnaire/monitoring surveys.
- Creation of statistical data.
- Analysis of customer behavior history related to service usage, such as browsing history, etc.
- Analysis of customer attribute and behavioral data collected using various sensors mounted on digital signage.
- To communicate with suppliers, execute contracts, and manage information related to such transactions.
- Labor management, health management, and implementation of personnel policies for our directors, officers, employees, and retirees.
- To contact and select applicants for employment and conduct other recruitment activities.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may provide personal information to third parties within the scope of the agreed purposes of use, provided that we have obtained the prior consent of the person concerned. In addition, we may provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the consent of the person in any of the following cases:
- When we entrust the appropriate handling of personal information to a third party in order to achieve the purpose of use.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law and obtaining customer consent may impede the execution of such affairs.
- When permitted by other laws and ordinances.
When we provide personal information to a third party, we may provide other personally referable information along with the personal information after obtaining the prior consent of the person concerned.
Provision of personal information to third parties located in foreign countries
Except in any of the following cases, when we provide personal information to a third party outside of Japan, we will do so only after obtaining the prior consent of the person concerned regarding the provision of personal information to the country concerned.
- When the third party is located in a country that has a personal information protection system recognized as being of a level equivalent to that of Japan, as stipulated by law.
- When the third party has an up-to-standards system that is verified by laws and regulations as one capable of continuously implementing measures equivalent to those required to be taken by business operators handling personal information in Japan.
Safety Control Measures
We will take the following measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to otherwise safely manage personal information.
- Formulation of Basic Policies
- The Company will formulate a basic policy to ensure proper handling of personal information in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Establishing rules for handling personal information
- The Company will establish rules for the handling of personal information, including handling methods, responsible persons/persons in charge, and their duties, for each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion/disposal, etc.
- Organizational Safety Control Measures
- In addition to appointing a person responsible for the handling of personal information, The Company will clearly appoint employees who handle personal information and the scope of personal information handled by such employees and establish a system for reporting to superiors in the event that a confirmed or apparent violation of law or handling regulations is detected.
- We will conduct periodic self-inspections and internal audits of the status of personal information handling.
- Personal Safety Control Measures
- We will provide periodic training for employees on notable matters regarding the handling of personal information.
- The confidentiality of personal information will be stipulated in employment regulations.
- Physical Security Control Measures
- In areas where personal information is handled, access control will be implemented for employees, and measures will be taken to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing personal information.
- In addition, measures will be taken to prevent the theft or loss of equipment, electronic media, and documents that involve personal information, and to ensure that personal information is not easily discoverable when such equipment, electronic media, etc. are carried, including during transportation within the business site.
- Technical Safety Control Measures
- Access control is implemented to limit the scope of personal information in the database that each employee can handle.
- We will implement a system to protect the system handling personal information from unauthorized access by outside and/or unauthorized actors.
- When collecting personal information on our website, we use encryption (SSL) to ensure that personal information is transmitted securely.
- Supervision of Third Parties
- When outsourcing the handling of personal information to an outside company, we will conclude an outsourcing contract that includes a confidentiality clause and will supervise the outsourced company as necessary and appropriate.
- Understanding the external environment
- In the event that personal information is handled in a foreign country, we will implement safety control measures based on our understanding of the systems for the protection of personal information in that foreign country.
- Cookies, Web beacons and other analytical tools
- to statistically analyze access information and utilize it to improve site usability and content.
- for market analysis utilizing demographic attributes in a form that does not identify individuals, and for sales promotion activities based on this analysis.
- to display the usage history and input contents sent and received between the browser and the server the next time you visit the website.
- to deliver advertisements optimized for your interests based on website access information.
- to identify the cause of problems or failures in the web server.
- Cookies are data that store information that identifies the browser of a visitor to a website on the visitor's end device (including mobile phones, tablets, and other devices) so that the visitor can use and view the website more conveniently when he or she visits the site again. This technology is designed to make it easier for visitors to use the site.
- Web beacons or web bugs are a technology that, when used in conjunction with cookies, makes it possible to collect access information from your browser and determine whether you have visited our website, the number of times you have visited, and your browsing history.
However, please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all or part of the functions of our services, or you may be restricted in your use.
- Other modules
We may use modules provided by other companies for the same purposes as cookies, web beacons, and other analysis tools on our website, apps, and other services. In such cases, the handling of information obtained by the said companies through the said modules will be managed in accordance with the privacy policies and other regulations of the said companies.
- Google Analytics
Basic Policy on the Proper Handling of Specific Personal Information
We have established this basic policy to ensure the proper handling of Specific Personal Information, etc. as an organization.
Basic Policy on the Proper Handling of Specific Personal Information
For inquiries regarding personal information, please contact:
Please use the Personal Information Inquiry Form for questions or complaints about our handling of personal information, or for inquiries regarding disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of personal information. Please note that we may ask you to confirm your identity before responding to your inquiry.